(updated 21st April 2021)
Bake 88 (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.bake88.co.uk website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Service is the www.bake88.co.uk website, operated by Bake 88.
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”).
Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
· Email address
· First name and last name
· Phone number
· Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
· Cookies and Usage Data
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
· Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
· Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
· Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
More information about cookies and Wix can be found here: https://support.wix.com/en/article/cookies-and-your-wix-site
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Use of Data
Bake 88 uses the collected data for various purposes:
· To fulfil an order for goods or services
· To provide and maintain our Service
· To notify you about changes to our Service
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
· To provide customer support
· To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
· To monitor the usage of our Service
· To detect, prevent and address technical issues
· To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
· Once orders are placed and payments are made for goods or services, we receive personal data (as explained above) to allow us to fulfil the order but do not have access to any personal financial data.
Wix is Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) compliant and is accredited as a level 1 service provider and merchant. This standard helps create a secure environment by increasing cardholder data, thus reducing credit card fraud. We regularly perform internal security audits to maintain our ISO/PCI security certifications. Click here to learn more.
· Customers may also choose to pay for goods and services in person, with cash. We do not receive details of their bank accounts or personal financial data.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Bake 88 may process your Personal Data because:
· We need to perform a contract with you
· You have given us permission to do so
· The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
· To comply with the law
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Access to data collected by Third Party Service Providers
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
Storage of Personal Data for customers purchasing Goods & Services
Bake 88 opens as a shop for a weekly Micro Bakery. Information is stored and protected in the following ways:
Customers may access the bakery via the following ways:
· By dropping in during opening hours, in which case we may not have any of their personal data.
· Through arrangement via Facebook/Instagram, in which case we can only access personal data that they have on their Facebook/Instagram profiles or that they subsequently give us via Facebook Messenger / Instagram comments. We do not store this information, and our Facebook/Instagram accounts are password protected.
· Through accessing our mailing list from Mailchimp which links directly to our website.
· Through placing orders via our online store facilitated by Wix. Personal data collected with online orders are only accessible by the business owner via Wix, which is password protected.
Use of Personal Data from Customers, Course Guests and Visitors to Bake 88
We predominantly use personal data to contact customers, course guests and visitors by email.
· We receive an initial email, either direct from the customer or via a third party Service Provider, see above. We keep all emails as a record of our conversation, order or service provided.
· We email directly from www.bake88.co.uk
Retention of Data
Bake 88 will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United Kingdom and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Bake 88 may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Bake 88 may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
· To comply with a legal obligation
· To protect and defend the rights or property of Hen Corner
· To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
· To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
· To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Bake 88 aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Bake 88 relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact the UK ICO: https://ico.org.uk/
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
· By email: email@example.com
· By visiting this page on our website: www.bake88.co.uk/privacy